31: The Amazon Drowns Jeff Bezos
Quotes from this week's Earth Church:
1) Earth to Humans: Start Your Apocalypse. -
2) To survive: All evidence points to the need for a quasi-religious transformation. -
3) We will leave behind piles of pixels and paper. Careerism is over. -
4) We built our sophistication behind 300 years of carbon. -
5) Can we break through convenience? Covid says yes that is possible. -
6) Children! We gotta teachable moment like a tsunami! -
7) Let's take the Fabulous Unknown from the Night Sky and Put it on our Hearts! -
8) We might have to turn into birds, like the dinosaurs did. That might be OK. -
9) If we survive Consumerism, then we lock arms at the cliff's edge, and get set to Evolve. -
10) We're jumping into the abyss shouting LIFEALUJAH! LIFEALUJAH! LIFEALUJAH! ----
The director of the Church of Stop Shopping is Savitri D in New York.
The Fiery Eagles of Justice are Brendan Burke (drums) & Jason Candler (sax).
Produced by Reverend Billy & Jason Candler.
This show is part of Pantheon Podcasts.
Thanks to Neil Young and community for inclusion in the Times-Contrarian.
Reverend Billy is William Talen.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Reverend Billy Radio
Billy is the pastor of "The Church of Stop Shopping" in New York City. Although his church has tens of thousands of members, Billy is "a preacher with an unknown god". He is not Christian, but wears a priest's collar and televangelist's hair. His followers shout "Earthalujah!" and "Change-a-lujah!" on the sidewalks. He started the show while locked down in NY, with death raining down on the skyscrapers. He likes to stop preaching suddenly and play music. In his show, "The Fiery Eagles of Justice", a jazz trio that is hard to fathom, and "The Stop Shopping Choir" a 35 voice chorus of trespassing activists - help the reverend slide into his next sermonette. Proud part of Pantheon - the podcast network for music lovers."It's an act! It's an art! It's almost a religion!" ---Constance Hays, the New York Times